An opportunity has become available in our Head Office for an IT Service Desk Support Engineer.
Role: IT Service Desk Engineer
Reports To: IT Manager
To provide assistance and support in updating & maintaining the IT systems within the company. Provide IT Support and backup to minimise down time of all items of technology within the whole company.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Manning the Service Desk, specifically communicating with and servicing shops, colleagues, customers and third parties.
- Log, report, follow up and take ownership of tickets.
- Document process and steps for issues that may reoccur.
- Escalate issues to other people within the company, 3rd parties and vendors.
- Maintain and perform checks on equipment via physical means and monitoring systems
- Overseeing the maintenance department tickets and following up on them.
Being available to work over a 7day week (Mon – Sun) between the hours of 7am – 10pm presently. Sometimes out of hours work may be required.
- Technically sound and well versed in the field of Technology
- Product knowledge
- Good listening and communication skills
- Must be reliable and flexible to suit the needs of the business
- Good interpersonal skills. Sharing knowledge and product information with the team
- Patience to explain things to others
- Need to be extremely organised and task focused
- Ability to trace and collate information
- Closure of all issues with speed and accuracy focusing always for minimum down time
- Willingness to improve knowledge of the company, IT skills and own personal skill set
IT Department Ethos & Focus
Our IT department’s ethos is to be customer focused and results orientated. We’re looking for constructive and driven people who can bring energy and enthusiasm to the table.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of an exciting and dynamic team, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org